Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Lake Okeechobee

Hi Guys,

      I was very fortunate to get to spend 2 weeks at Lake Okeechobee for the first Everstart tournament of the year! I have had success on the Big O in the past so I was very much looking forward to this trip and with highs predicted to be in the mid 80's that was just a bonus.

The lake was higher than it has been in probably 15 years. I felt like going in the grass would probably not be as thick and the fish would probably be roaming more. I was hoping that it would be a swimbait type bite. During the tournament the water got up to 75 degrees but for whatever reason the fish had not made a major move to spawn, it seemed after the fact that the better fish were still out on the main lake and had not made there way back to the shallow spawning grounds or maybe that's where they were spawning at was right on the main lake. Whatever the reason it ended up being my worst finish ever at the triple A level,141st. All I can do now is try and learn from it and move on to Guntersville.

It was still a great trip and I had a blast being able to spend a few weeks in south Florida in the middle of January.

-BRS

No comments:

Post a Comment